Fitted with the latest range of Cardiovascular Training Machines, we enable you to transform or enhance your exercise regime come rain or shine.
Aerobic exercise (Cardio) is physical exercise of low to high intensity, and is effective for fat loss when used consistently.
We suggest at least twenty minutes performed at least three times per week.
There are many health benefits of doing regular aerobic exercise including :
- Strengthening the muscles involved in respiration, to facilitate the flow of air in and out of the lungs
- Strengthening and enlarging the heart muscle, to improve its pumping efficiency and reduce the resting heart rate, known as aerobic conditioning
- Improving circulation efficiency and reducing blood pressure
- Increasing the total number of red blood cells in the body, facilitating transport of oxygen
- Improved mental health, including reducing stress and lowering the incidence of depression, as well as increased cognitive capacity.
- Reducing the risk for diabetes.
There are some downfalls of aerobic exercise :
Overuse injuries because of repetitive, high-impact exercise such as distance running.
Is not an effective approach to building muscle.
Only effective for fat loss when used consistently.
Both the health benefits and the performance benefits, or “training effect”, require a minimum duration and frequency of exercise.
Speak to any of our team to get an aerobic programme that suits your abilities and we’ll help you to a better life.